Taught by Jennifer Cullen, PHD, MPH Scientific Consultant May 2, 2018
Use coupon code ‘writing’ to receive this course FREE for a limited time.
- Module 1 (1hr 10min) – Core Components
- Module 2 (50min) – Peer Review
- Module 3 (20min) – Salesmanship
- Module 4 (27min) – Epi and Stats
- Module 5 (11min) – Pitfalls
Handouts for Course:
- PTSD in Veterans and Use of Service Dogs
- Why the impact factor of journals should not be used for evaluating research
- The Trend Toward More Attractive and Informative Titles
- Determinants of Mental Health
About the Speaker
Grant Writer and Biostatistics Consultant Dr. Jennie C. As a cancer epidemiologist, Dr. Jennie conducts translational research on biomarker assays for cancer detection and prognostication of cancer outcomes including metastasis and cancer-specific death, with a focus on health disparities and quality of life along the continuum of cancer care. In her role as Director of the Epidemiologic Research Program at CPDR, she manages a clinical data repository of over 28,000 military health care beneficiaries who are followed longitudinally from time of prostate cancer diagnosis until death. These data are linked to the CPDR biospecimen repository which includes frozen tissues, radical prostatectomy specimens (FFPE), urine and whole blood. She is responsible for study design and statistical analysis plans for research involving these two data sources. Her database team includes an IT Director, a Principal Biostatistician, a junior epidemiologist, a data analyst, and 8 field data managers. She also mentors medical residents and students, as well as college students, as part of CPDR’s ongoing education and training efforts.